Courses and certifications Veritas
Veritas InfoScale Availability 8 for UNIX/Linux: Administration
Price (without VAT)
The Veritas InfoScale Availability for Unix/Linux: Administration course is designed for the IT professional tasked with installing, configuring, and maintaining Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) clusters. This class discusses how to use InfoScale Availability to manage applications in a high availability environment. After gaining the necessary fundamental skills that are required to manage a highly available application in a cluster, the course enables you to deploy InfoScale Availability in the lab environment to practically implement a sample cluster design and deployment.
This course is for UNIX/Linux system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, network/SAN administrators, and systems integration/development staff, who will be installing, operating, or integrating InfoScale Availability.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how clustering is used to implement high availability in the data center environment.
- Describe VCS and cluster communication mechanisms.
- Create a cluster, and configure service groups and resources.
- Implement and verify failover and failback capability for application, storage, and network services.
- Configure and optimize cluster behavior.
- Protect data in a shared storage environment.
- Describe I/O fencing operations, and its implementation.
- Configure VCS to manage an Oracle database and other applications.
- Configure and manage VCS clusters on virtual machines in VMware environment.
- Implement Just in Time Availability for single node VCS cluster on virtual machine in a VMware environment.
Read the entire course outline for more details.
Knowledge of and hands-on experience with UNIX/Linux systems administration is required.
Veritas authorized e-book included. Labs access for 6 month.