Courses and certifications Red Hat
RH124 - Red Hat System Administration I
Price (without VAT)
The first of two courses covering the core system administration tasks needed to manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers
Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) is designed for IT professionals without previous Linux system administration experience. The course provides students with Linux administration competence by focusing on core administration tasks. This course also provides a foundation for students who plan to become full-time Linux system administrators by introducing key command-line concepts and enterprise-level tools.
Red Hat System Administration I provides a foundation for students wishing to become full-time Linux system administrators by introducing key command line concepts and other enterprise-level tools. These concepts are further developed in the follow-on course, Red Hat System Administration II (RH134).
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux 9.0.
The primary persona is a technical professional with current or pending responsibilities as a Linux enterprise or cloud system administrator.
This course is popular in Red Hat Academy, and is targeted at the student who is planning to become a technical professional using Linux.
Course content summary
- Introduce Linux and the Red Hat Enterprise Linux ecosystem.
- Run commands and view shell environments.
- Manage, organize, and secure files.
- Manage users, groups and user security policies.
- Control and monitor systemd services.
- Configure remote access using the web console and SSH.
- Configure network interfaces and settings.
- Archive and copy files from one system to another.
- Manage software using DNF
- Complete outline can be found here.
Basic technical user skills with computer applications on some operating systems are expected.
Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills here.
- There are no special technical requirements for this course.
- This course is not designed for bring your own device (BYOD).
- Internet access is not required but is recommended so that students can research and browse Red Hat online resources.