Kurzy a certifikace Red Hat
EX318 - Red Hat Certified Specialist in Virtualization Exam
Cena (bez DPH)
The performance-based RHCVA exam (EX318) tests your ability to create, deploy, and manage Linux® and Microsoft Windows virtual machines using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager. The Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification demonstrates a system administrator's ability to deploy and manage virtual hosts in production environments using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization. This exam is a performance-based evaluation of system administration skills and knowledge. Candidates perform a number of routine system administration tasks and are evaluated on whether they have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that candidates must perform tasks similar to what they perform on the job. The Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) exam (EX318) is a single-section exam lasting 3 hours.
- System administrators using or planning to use Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- RHCEs interested in pursuing Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
Study points for the exam
Although the objective of this exam is to test the ability to use Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization to implement Linux virtual systems, it is not a test of system administration skills. Red Hat does recommend prior Linux systems administration experience.
You should be able to perform the following tasks:
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager and any dependencies
- Use Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager to:
- Create datacenters and clusters
- Manage hypervisor hosts
- Configure storage
- Create Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Develop pools and templates
- Set up Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager users
- Install and configure a Red Hat Virtualization Hypervisor to support guests and attach to a Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager
- Import installation media for creating new virtual machines
- Perform management tasks, such as collecting logs, creating bookmarks for specific events, and more
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must be persistent across reboots.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as section scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
- Experience using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Experience using and installing software on Windows
- Experience using VNC to view remote desktops
Read the RHCVA exam objectives for more information on skills requirements.