Kurzy a certifikace Red Hat
EX236 - The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Gluster Storage Administration
Cena (bez DPH)
The Red Hat® Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage exam (EX236) tests your ability to configure Red Hat Gluster Storage and clients. A Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage is earned when an IT professional demonstrates the ability to implement storage solutions using Red Hat Gluster Storage and to configure clients to use this storage. This exam is a performance-based evaluation of storage administration skills and knowledge. To get certified, you must perform a number of routine storage administration tasks and are evaluated on whether you have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that candidates must perform tasks similar to what they perform on the job. This exam lasts 2 hours.
The following audiences may be interested in earning the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage:
- System administrators, architects, and others who need to demonstrate their skills, knowledge, and ability in using Red Hat Storage Server
- RHCEs interested in pursuing Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
Study points for the exam
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
- Install Red Hat Storage Server on both physical and virtual systems and work with existing Red Hat Storage Server appliances
- Configure a Red Hat Storage Server storage pool
- Create individual storage bricks on either physical devices or logical volumes
- Create various Red Hat Storage Server volumes such as:
- Format the volumes with an appropriate file system
- Create Red Hat Storage Server volume snapshots
- Extend existing storage volumes by adding additional bricks and performing appropriate rebalancing operations
- Configure clients to use Red Hat Storage Server appliance volumes using native and network file systems (NFS)
- Configure clients to use Red Hat Storage Server appliance volumes using SMB
- Configure Red Hat Storage Server features including disk quotas and POSIX access control lists (ACLs)
- Configure IP failover for NFS-and SMB-based cluster services
- Configure geo-replication services
- Configure unified object storage
- Configure Red Hat Storage Server to support Hadoop
- Troubleshoot Red Hat Storage Server problems
- Monitor Red Hat Storage Server workloads
- Perform Red Hat Storage Server management tasks such as tuning volume options, volume migration, stopping and deleting volumes, and configuring server-side quorum
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as section scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Exam candidates should:
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or have comparable work experience and skills.
- Have taken the Red Hat Gluster Storage Administration (RH236) course or have work experience using Red Hat Gluster Storage.