Kurzy a certifikace Red Hat
DO316 - Managing Virtual Machines with Red Hat OpenShift Virtualization
Cena (bez DPH)
Create and manage virtual machines on OpenShift using the Red Hat OpenShift Virtualization operator
Managing Virtual Machines with OpenShift Virtualization teaches the essential skills required to create and manage virtual machines (VM) on OpenShift using the Red Hat OpenShift Virtualization operator. This course does not require previous knowledge of containers and Kubernetes.
- Virtual Machine Administrators interested in moving virtualized workloads from traditional Hypervisors to OpenShift Virtualization.
- Kubernetes Administrators (Cluster Administrators, Clusters Engineers) interested in supporting containerized and virtualized workloads in the same OpenShift cluster.
- Site Reliability Engineers interested in using GitOps and Ansible Automation to manage Virtual Machines on OpenShift.
This course provides:
- Skills required to create, access, and manage VMs on OpenShift clusters.
- Skills required to control usage and access of cpu, memory, storage, and networking resources from VMs using the same Kubernetes features that would also control usage and access to these resources for containers.
- Sample architectures to manage High Availability (HA) of VMs using standard Kubernetes features and extensions from OpenShift Virtualization.
- Strategies to connect VMs on OpenShift to data center services outside of their OpenShift cluster, such as storage and databases.
- Create VMs from installation media and disk images.
- Access text and graphical consoles of a VM.
- Connect to VMs using Kubernetes networking (services, ingress, and routes)
- Provision storage to VMs using Kubernetes storage (PVC, PV, and storage classes).
- Start, pause, and stop VMs.
- Clone and snapshot VMs.
- Connect VMs to external and extra networks (outside of the Kubernetes pod and service networks).
- Connect VMs to host storage and external storage.
- Ansible management of VMs.
- Create VMs from VM Templates.
Complete outline can be found here.
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills here
- DO180 - Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes and is recommended but not required.
Recommended next exam or course
- VM Administrators using OpenShift Virtualization require deeper Kubernetes and OpenShift skills than provided by DO316, even if they do not intend to manage containerized, cloud-native applications, and these skills are provided by existing OpenShift Administration courses:
- DO280 - Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster is also a recommended follow-up course for security and resource management of OpenShift projects.
- DO380 - Red Hat OpenShift Administration III: Scaling Kubernetes Deployments in the Enterprise and DO370 - Enterprise Kubernetes Storage with Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation are recommended follow-up courses for node, storage, and security management of OpenShift clusters.
- DO322 - Red Hat OpenShift Installation Lab is a recommended follow-up course for installing and configuring OpenShift clusters.
- Linux skills are not required to managing OpenShift clusters and OpenShift Virtualization but managing individual Linux VMs requires Linux sysadmin skills provided by:
- RH124 -Red Hat System Administration I and RH134 - Red Hat System Administration II for managing the OS inside a Linux VM.
- RH295 - Red Hat Linux Automation with Ansible and exam for using Ansible to manage the OS inside a Linux VM.