Kurzy a certifikace JBoss by Red Hat
EX248 - Red Hat Certified JBoss Administration (RHCJA) exam
Cena (bez DPH)
The Red Hat® Certified JBoss® Administration (RHCJA) exam (EX248) is a performance-based exam that tests your knowledge and skills to install, configure, monitor, manage, and deploy applications to Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP 7). RHCJA certification is for system administrators or application developers whose responsibilities include the deployment, implementation, and management of Red Hat JBoss EAP and its applications.
The RHCJA exam is a performance-based evaluation of a candidate's skills and knowledge regarding the administration of enterprise applications based on and using JBoss EAP. Candidates perform a number of routine system administration tasks and are evaluated on whether they have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that candidates must perform tasks similar to what they must perform on the job.
The RHCJA exam is a hands-on, practical exam that lasts 4 hours. Internet access is not provided during the exam. You will not be permitted to bring any hard copy or electronic documentation into the exam. This prohibition includes notes, books, or any other materials. Internet access will be strictly controlled. Documentation that ships with JBoss EAP is available during the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to make changes to the exam format, including timing and the policies above. Such changes will be made public in advance through revisions to this document.
RHCJA exam environment
You will be working on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 7 system during the exam, so prior experience using Linux or UNIX will be helpful. The purpose of this exam is not to test operating system administration skills, and extensive Linux/UNIX experience is not required. You will have a full desktop environment in which to work, and we will provide a list of basic commands for your reference in addition to the man pages and other documentation that come with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
IT professionals who want to earn a credential that shows they have the skills and knowledge needed to install, configure, monitor, manage, and deploy applications to Red Hat JBoss EAP:
- Application server systems administrators
- Application administrators
- Application developers
- Deployment managers
- System architects
- Quality assurance engineers
Study points for the exam
Using Red Hat JBoss EAP, RHCJA exam candidates should be able to accomplish the tasks below without assistance. The tasks have been grouped into categories to assist your preparation.
- Install and manage JBoss EAP
- Install JBoss EAP to a specific location on a system
- Install additional, operating system specific native libraries to enhance JBoss EAP performance
- Configure minimal security requirements for accessing and managing JBoss EAP
- Access and manage JBoss EAP using the provided tools
- Configure and start a multi-node, multi-server JBoss EAP domain spanning at least two hosts with multiple servers per host
- Configure JBoss EAP domains, hosts and servers
- Create and remove JBoss EAP domains, hosts and servers
- Start, monitor and stop individual JBoss EAP domains, hosts and servers
- Configure Java™ memory usage at the host, server group and server level
- Configure JBoss EAP to support clustered and HA operation
- Configure persistent network bindings for JBoss EAP services (both addresses and ports)
- Configure high-availability clustering using either TCP unicast or UDP multicast networking
- Secure the communications channels between clustered nodes
- Configure an Apache based load balancer for handling HTTP session fail over in a HA environment
- Monitoring and managing JBoss EAP
- Create and restore configuration snapshots
- Configure JBoss EAP logging
- Configure and secure JBoss EAP JMX interface for external monitoring
- Configuring Java Messaging Service
- Create and configure JMS topics and queues
- Secure access to JMS destinations
- Manage applications
- Select appropriate JBoss EAP server profiles based on application requirements
- Configure DataSources (both XA and non-XA compliant)
- Deploy and undeploy applications
- Deploy and undeploy additional libraries and drivers
- Deploy a web application to the root context
- Configure JBoss Web Connectors
- Tune and configure JBoss EAP web connector properties as requested
- Configure Apache integration with JBoss EAP
- Configure an SSL encrypted connection
- Configure JBoss EAP security
- Create, modify, and use security domains
- Connect JBoss EAP to specified external security sources such as LDAP and DBMS
- Secure access to JBoss EAP services
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as section scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
- Be a RHCSA or have comparable work experience and skills (RHCE would be even better)
- Have taken the JBoss Administration I (AD248) course or have work experience administering Red Hat JBoss EAP and applications running on that platform