Courses and certifications Veritas
Veritas NetBackup 9.1: Advanced Administration
Price (without VAT)
The NetBackup Advanced Administration course provides the IT professional with instruction on advanced NetBackup software functionality and administrative tasks. This course covers advanced NetBackup topics, including deduplication, NetBackup performance, disaster recovery, virtual machine backups, application backups, NetBackup Search, and security. This course also covers using NetBackup to manage Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SQL database backups.
This course is intended for experienced NetBackup system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration staff who are responsible for implementing new and advanced NetBackup features and functions.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Configure and run backups that use media server and client-side deduplication.
- Improve NetBackup performance by addressing bottlenecks, tuning NetBackup buffers, and using NetBackup Accelerator.
- Prepare for common disasters and plan for disaster recovery using optimized duplication, Replication Director, and Auto Image Replication.
- Configure, run, and manage virtual machine backups using VMware.
- Describe requirements for backing up third-party applications and databases.
- Configure NetBackup to back up and restore Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SQL databases.
- Discuss strategies for Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, and Microsoft SQL database recovery.
- Configure and use NetBackup Search to perform queries and searches, and create and release legal and local holds.
- Ensure your NetBackup environment is secure using encryption, authentication, and authorization
Read the entire course outline for more details.
Students must be familiar with the administration and configuration of the platforms that are covered by the course. Students must also have one to three years experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional onthe-job experience.
Veritas authorized e-book included. Authorized lab access during the course and for 6 month after the course.