Courses and certifications Red Hat
DO457 - Ansible for Network Automation
Price (without VAT)
Ansible for Network Automation (DO457) is designed for network administrators or infrastructure automation engineers who want to use network automation to centrally manage the switches, routers, and other devices in the organization's network infrastructure.
This course is based on Red Hat® Ansible Engine 2.5 and Red Hat® Ansible Tower 3.2.
Learn how to use Red Hat Ansible Automation for Networking to remotely automate configuration of network devices, test and validate the current network state, and perform compliance checks to detect and correct configuration drift.
This course is designed for network administrators, network automation engineers, and infrastructure automation engineers who want to learn how to use Ansible to automate the administration, deployment, and configuration management of the network infrastructure of their organization or enterprise.
- Deploy Ansible Install Ansible and create Ansible inventories.
- Run commands and plays Execute ad hoc commands and prepare Ansible playbooks.
- Parameterize Ansible Control tasks with loops and conditions.
- Administer Ansible Safeguard information with Ansible Vault and manage inventories.
- Automate simple network operations Gather network information with Ansible and configure network devices.
- Automate complex operations Solve new MACD challenges and overcome real-world challenges.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, contact one of our training specialists.
Prerequisites for this course
- Experience with network administration, including a solid understanding of TCP/IP, routers, and managed switches
- Familiarity with managing network devices from the command line, preferably with one or more of Cisco IOS, IOS XR, or NX-OS; Juniper JUNOS; Arista EOS; or VyOS
- You will work with text files and run commands in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment. A working knowledge of Linux, including how to edit text files and run commands from the shell, and how to use SSH to log in to remote systems
- Knowledge equivalent to Red Hat System Administration I (RH124) or better is recommended
- Prior Ansible knowledge is not required
Not sure if you have the correct skill-set knowledge? Find out by passing the online skills assessment.