Kurzy a certifikace Veritas
Veritas NetBackup 8.1.2: Maintenance and Troubleshooting
The NetBackup 8.1.2: Maintenance and Troubleshooting course provides IT professionals with instructions on troubleshooting Veritas NetBackup software. This course covers general error detection tools and troubleshooting methodologies. It enables students to learn how to resolve issues related to the NetBackup database, devices, media, disk, deduplication, and networking. In addition, students study the functions of key NetBackup processes and learn how to enable, view, and manage the associated logs.
This course is for NetBackup administrators, operators, system engineers, and technical support personnel who want to broaden their NetBackup advanced troubleshooting knowledge and skills on a Windows or UNIX platform.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Detect problems using tools such as the NetBackup reports, NBSU, and administrative commands.
- Correct problems and verify these corrections.
- Understand the functions of services, daemons, and processes that drive NetBackup operations.
- Back up, recover, and troubleshoot the NetBackup catalog, including the NBDB database.
- Rapidly and accurately isolate the root cause of a backup failure.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of tape device, media, disk, deduplication, and communication-related problems.
- Enable and use legacy, unified, and robust logging to troubleshoot problems.
- Run backups and restores with a higher rate of success and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot important features such as VMWare and Hyper-V backups and Storage Lifecycle policies (SLP).
Read the entire course outline for more details.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years of experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending any version of the NetBackup Administration course plus additional on-the-job experience.