Kurzy a certifikace Veritas
Data Insight 6.1: Administration
The Veritas Data Insight 6.1: Administration course is designed for the storage administration, IT security, and systems administration professional tasked with architecting, implementing, administering and using Veritas Data Insight. This class covers how to design, install, configure, administer and maintain Veritas Data Insight.
Students will also learn how to use the core features of Data Insight to investigate risk, compliance and data management use cases.
This course is for storage administrators, systems administrators, IT security administrators, systems professionals, and consultants who are charged with the installation, configuration, and day-to-day management of Veritas Data Insight in a variety of system environments. It is also targeted at those who need to use Veritas Data Insight to monitor systems for IT security, compliance, classification, and data management use cases.
This course includes practical hands-on exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to use those skills in a working environment.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to
- Outline how Data Insight is used and key terms and concepts.
- Describe Veritas Data Insight product components and system architecture.
- Install and configure Veritas Data Insight.
- Add resources for system monitoring.
- Use Veritas Data Insight to monitor system resources.
- Implement Data Insight classification.
- Create and manage Data Insight reports.
- Write DQL queries.
- Maintain a Data Insight deployment.
- Integrate Data Insight with Veritas Enterprise Vault.
- Create remediation workflows using the Self-Service portal.
Lesson 1: Data Insight Introduction
- Data Insight: Overview
- Common use cases
- Key concepts and terminology
- Data Insight integration
Lesson 2: Technical Overview
- Data Insight architecture
- Planning a deployment
Lesson 3: Installation
- Installation prerequisites
- Installing Data Insight
- Configuring security
- Upgrade considerations
Lesson 4: Configuring Users and Servers
- Configuring administrative access
- Configuring directory services
- Configuring advanced server settings
Lesson 5: Performing the Initial Configuration
- Management Console: Overview
- Configuring global settings
- Configuring exclude rules
Lesson 6: Adding Resources for Monitoring: Windows and SharePoint
- Monitoring resources: Overview
- Adding Windows file servers
- Configuring Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS) targets
- Adding SharePoint Web applications
- Managing resources
Lesson 7: Adding Resources for Monitoring: Non-Windows
- Adding NetApp filers
- Adding cloud content sources
Lesson 8: Viewing Monitored Data
- Reviewing the gathered data
- Evaluating data information
- Reviewing users and groups
- Monitoring Data Insight
- Assessing user collaboration
Lesson 9: Implementing Classification
- Classification overview
- Classification requirements
- Implementing Data Insight classification
- Using Policy Manager
- This course is available in the following delivery method(s)Instructor-led training (ILT)
- Virtual instructor-led training (VILT)
- Virtual on-demand training (VODT)
You must have a working knowledge of advanced computer terminology and Internet terms, and administrator-level knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system.