Kurzy a certifikace Red Hat
EX407 - Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation
The performance-based Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Ansible Automation exam (EX407) tests your ability to use Ansible to automate the configuration of systems and applications.
This exam is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.
The following audiences may be interested in earning the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Ansible Automation:
- System administrators who need to manage large numbers of systems
- System administrators who work in a DevOps environment and who wish to automate a large part of their day-to-day workload
- Developers who have some basic systems administration background and who wish to incorporate automation into their development process
- A Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) interested in earning a Red Hat Certificate of Expertise or RHCA credential.
Study points for the exam
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
Candidates should have the following skills and abilities:
- Understand core components of Ansible
- Configuration files
- Run ad-hoc Ansible commands
- Use both static and dynamic inventories to define groups of hosts
- Utilize an existing dynamic inventory script
- Create Ansible plays and playbooks
- Know how to work with commonly used Ansible modules
- Use variables to retrieve the results of running a commands
- Use conditionals to control play execution
- Configure error handling
- Create playbooks to configure systems to a specified state
- Selectively run specific tasks in playbooks using tags
- Create and use templates to create customized configuration files
- Work with Ansible variables and facts
- Create and work with roles
- Download roles from an Ansible Galaxy and use them
- Manage parallelism
- Use Ansible Vault in playbooks to protect sensitive data
- Install Ansible Tower and use it to manage systems
- Use provided documentation to look up specific information about Ansible modules and commands
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Candidates for this exam should:
- Red Hat recommends that candidates for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Ansible Automation exam (EX407) have taken Automation with Ansible (DO407) or have equivalent experience working with Ansible to configure systems.
- Red Hat also recommends candidates have earned Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or higher or have equivalent systems administration experience.