Courses and certifications Veritas
Veritas InfoScale Availability 7.3 for UNIX: Administration
The Veritas InfoScale Availability for UNIX: Administration course is designed for the IT professional tasked with installing, configuring, and maintaining Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) clusters. This five day, instructor-led, hands-on virtual class covers how to use InfoScale Availability to manage applications in a high availability environment. After gaining the fundamental skills that are needed to manage a highly available application in a cluster, you can deploy InfoScale Availability in a lab environment to implement a sample cluster design.
This course is for UNIX system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, network/SAN administrators, and systems integration/development staff, who will be installing, operating, or integrating InfoScale Availability.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how clustering is used to implement high availability in the data center environment.
- Describe VCS and cluster communication mechanisms.
- Create a cluster, and configure service groups and resources.
- Implement and verify failover and failback capability for application, storage, and network services.
- Configure and optimize cluster behavior.
- Protect data in a shared storage environment.
- Describe I/O fencing operations, and its implementation.
- Configure VCS to manage an Oracle database and other applications.
- Configure a global cluster environment, including remote clusters, global heartbeats, and global service groups.
- Configure notification and failover behavior in a global cluster.
Read the entire course outline for more details.
Knowledge of and hands-on experience with UNIX systems administration; and recommended online training:
- Veritas InfoScale 7.3 for UNIX: Installation
Veritas authorized e-book included.